Alibaba Group today announced financial results for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2015. The highlights can be found in an infographic and in a summary from the company below. To read Alibaba Group’s press release covering the results in greater detail, click here.
Here’s a summary of the results from Alibaba Group:
We achieved excellent results this quarter with strong growth across core financial and operating metrics:
- Revenue reached RMB34,543 million (US$5,333 million) in the quarter, up 32% YoY; China retail marketplace revenue rose 35% YoY to RMB28,714 million (US$4,433 million).
- GMV for calendar 2015 grew 30% from calendar 2014, compared to China’s 10.7% retail sales growth over the same period.
- Mobile MAUs rose 47 million QoQ to 393 million in the quarter, with mobile revenue accounting for 65% of core China retail business.
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS grew 27% YoY to RMB6.43.
- Revenue per active buyer was RMB184 in the December quarter compared to RMB168 a year ago, while mobile revenue per mobile MAU rose to RMB108 from RMB52 over the same period.
- Non-GAAP free cash flow was RMB23,719 million (US$3,662 million).
- The blended monetization rate of our China retail marketplaces grew to 2.98% in the December quarter from 2.70% a year ago while the mobile monetization rate rose to 2.88% from 1.96% over the same period, as our marketplaces delivered a broader value proposition to sellers in addition to sales generation.
- GMV transacted on our China retail marketplaces in the December quarter was RMB964 billion (US$149 billion), a YoY increase of 23%.
Continued Unrivaled Leader in Mobile
- Mobile Revenue: Mobile revenue in the quarter was RMB18,746 million (US$2,894 million), an increase of 192% YoY, driven by higher mobile GMV and increased monetization of mobile transactions and usage.
- Mobile MAUs: Mobile MAUs on our China retail marketplaces grew to 393 million in December from 346 million in prior quarter, boosted by mobile app promotions.
- Mobile GMV: Mobile GMV was RMB651 billion (US$101 billion), a YoY increase of 99%, and accounted for 68% of total GMV transacted on our China retail marketplaces in the December quarter, helped by growing mobile usage and higher spending.
Cloud Computing & Internet Infrastructure
- Revenue rose 126% YoY to RMB819 million (US$126 million) in the quarter, driven by rapid growth in the cloud computing business due to increases in the number of paying customers and their usage of our cloud computing services including more complex offerings, such as our content delivery network and database services.